Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Carol Learns to Walk

Hi guys, This week was intense. I finally reached my goal of animating 10 seconds today, feel so proud. Not only that, I learned how to do a walk and talk cycle. At first I thought I had to animate a fresh walk cycle because the system didn't have Rachel and Oliver walking in suits yet. Turns out all I had to do was drag the symbol of them in suits into the file where they didn't have it and swap
the arms, body, legs with the ones I want. It allow me to explore other tools like the pencil tool, so I can fix and draw over some parts where it's needed.

The most complicated thing I learned this week was changing a certain part of the body parts into a new symbol on its own so that I could do actions while the character is walking. The reason why you must do that is because the walk cycle is already looped, so you have to break that loop in order to make something different happen. Basically you select the parts that you are going to be animating, for example if I want to move the arm when the character is walking, I will select only the arm. After that it must be copied/paste in a certain way into a new layer so that you can animate that layer inside another layer.

It is too complicated to even explain, but I had to write down every step when Rich was showing it to me because I couldn't remember it. So after you animate it's own action, you must match the body part to the beat of the walk so that the arm still looks attached to the rest of the body.

Sorry that I can't explain it properly...there is way too many steps lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment