Friday, July 4, 2014

Anna Moves to Interactive

Hey guys! What's up? This week, yes, what I have been waiting for - INTERACTIVE STUFF! Ta da~ I feel like waving my hands in the air or something.

So anyway, this week, I've been concentrating on an interactive game like I said last week, and it has been pretty fun. Everything is new to me, and majorly daunting and majorly cool. I started on the concept side, giving an image to the idea that was emailed to me. I drew some characters for the game, and a background as well, on photoshop. After that, I imported it into Flash and cleaned it up. This part is really awesome, because I'm actually making the symbols for the character animation. How cool is that?

I've done some Teleporting Fat Guy animation before, so I understand how crucial a good and well done symbol can be. If the pivot point is in the right place, it makes everything smooth sailing. Otherwise, watch out for that tsunami!

I got a great tutorial from a co-worker (thanks Darien!) and I am learning a lot. I've had to backtrack a bit, since my concept doesn't exactly work with what the symbol making needs it to be, so I'm currently drawing a better character design.  But all that drawing will just make me a better artist~

So yeah, this week it really has been overwhelming, with all the new things I'm absorbing. I'm also still working on my freelance stuff as well as helping a friend with some illustration projects she's stuck on. With internship, transit and just life in general, I don't have a lot of free time. It makes me sad when I see my brother, who just finished graduating from high school yesterday, be so carefree that he can sleep until 3 in the afternoon. No, you know what, it makes me mad. It's not healthy to sleep so much.

Sleep? What's sleep?

Well, until next time.

Oh, and here's two cool Molson commercials for the upcoming Canada day~!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t41wNkGvJ9k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gper3YkzMg

(Why am I promoting Molson's beer? I don't even drink alcohol... OTL)



No comments:

Post a Comment