Monday, July 14, 2014

Anna Grows in Interactive

Blog - Week 8

Hello people~
How was your Canada Day? What did I do that day? I watched fireworks at my local park and miraculously did not get bitten by any mosquitoes. Since I am like a bait for mosquitoes, I'm considering that to be quite a feat. Other than that, I've been rereading  The Name of the Wind. It's such a great book. I simply cannot wait for the third book to come out.

This week, I've been continuing to work on my interactive stuff, trying to polish it. My concept art for the characters was lineless, but when I was creating the symbols, I used lines. Today, I decided to stick with the lineless look because it made everything sleeker. By doing so, the characters stand out on the screen even more.

Several technical bits that I didn't know about or was confuzzled by was taught by Joel. He really clarified things up with smoothing out the shapes and other small but really important bits. I mean, you wouldn't think that there was a command for pasting in place, and so I spent so long just trying to shift a circle back into that same position in the previous keyframe... There were numerous shortcuts and stuff that Joel taught me that just simplified the process and simplified my life too.

Other than that, when interactive overwhelms me, I shift back to working on First Hand. At the moment, I am flashifying some props to animate them. I'm working on this scene in a greenhouse, where stalks of tall grass start sprouting up from the ground. Since I haven't really finished it yet, I made a small gif to illustrate what I want the result to look like.... Kinda... Beware. I made this gif in 10 minutes... Quality isn't... well, let's just say it isn't my best work.


 And here's a pic of what the greenhouse actually looks like. Just not animated.



Anyhow, that's it this week. Ciao
- Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment