Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Carol Learns to Clean

Hey guys, this week was very different from the last. I got to do many different projects throughout the week. After a whole week of intense coloring and background inserting for Uberdude, I recieved another long scene to color. After that, I got to do clean up for Uberdude in that style. It was different than regular clean up because everything had to be separated into layers, so it took a lot longer than I expected. While I was cleaning up, I thought of ways to clean up so that it would be easier for whoever had to color the characters.

After I was done cleaning up, I received 2 new shots of Teleporting Fat Guy. This time, it took me a lot less time than the first time I ever animated in Flash. At first I didn't understand why everything looked so choppy and stiff even though it was motion tweened, but after talking to Rich I learned to unselect snapping on flash so that I can move my animation in small increments which made everything look smoother. I also got to animate Rachel tucking her arms in, which also was much more complex than I thought.

So many steps had to be taken, a new layer had to be made to make the animation look realistic. Last but not least, animating the yeti really made me think. I had a feeling that I should pose out the movement first but for some reason I choose not to and animated straight ahead. After screwing up, I learned to be bold with movement when it comes to moving the whole body rather than moving little by little.

Sometimes we just have to make mistakes and learn to trust our gut feelings.

-Carol


Down below is one of the most time consuming colorings I had to do. Every time a finger/arm would move, I had to re-draw/color in that section while erasing whatever was covering the rest of her body because her arm was on top of her body layer. This helped me become a better cleaner-upper so the next person doesn't need to go through all that effort. 


No comments:

Post a Comment