Friday, June 20, 2014

Carol Embraces the Mask

Hey everyone, this week I had a bit of an epiphany. After Rich demonstrated how he animates Teleporting Fat Guy in front of me, suddenly something clicked in my head and I began to understand the meaning behind all the perfectly aligned keyframes. Instead of dragging on one movement by having many uneccessary keyframes, he made literally just 2 poses and did one inbetween for them and it looked so much more polished than all the extra things I have been trying to do. After the big movements you just need 2 frames or so to settle the movement. After watching Rich animate, I learn to be more organized and started to really understand how to animate in groups of frames.







 
Today I learned about using mask to show certain part of the animation that I want the audience to see and hide the parts I don't want them to see. Also played around with the graph editor while animating a bird and a run cycle to adjust the timing of the overall animation rather than just the begining or the end. Overall, I can say I've become a lot better and faster at animating. My goal is to hit 10 second a day, which I'm almost there.

Below is an example of a raven taking off, I've decide to give this raven a fast start by having a deep slop going upwards and finishing off with a more balanced speed.


Below is the mask I use for the girl running across the ground. She had to start by being inside the house so I put the mask there to cover certain areas of her body.








No comments:

Post a Comment