Monday, June 23, 2014

Anna Love Soccer

So it's week five into this summer internship, and everything has been going great. I've learned quite a lot, and everyone has been extremely welcoming and helpful.

I've been working on backgrounds for this small project called "First Hand" this week. It's a piece on the perspective of an Inuit group who feel the effects of the pollution of the environment much faster than people like us who live in the more central parts of the world. I really like the message that this film is conveying, since protecting the environment is something that I truly want to accomplish. Although this probably will not shake the world up with its profound meaning, I think it's a little step of the way towards achieving a worldwide awareness of environmentalism.

Other than that, this week has been all about the World Cup. Woohoo! I'm not an extreme sports fan, but honestly, soccer is my favourite sport. And although I am not glued to the screen whenever it is on, it has been pretty exciting to watch all the players run around in the field chasing that itty bitty soccer ball. And that wasn't sarcasm. Throughout this week, I've been constantly asking people whether or not they watch or have watched the World Cup, and which team they are cheering for. I personally don't have a favourite team - I just love soccer. But it's all fun and games.

So yeah, another week has flown by, and summer will end really soon, and I will have accomplished nothing in my own free time this summer again... Talk about depressing... It's nice that I have this internship, or else my entire summer will have gone to waste again...

Here's a link to a commercial that is really awesome, and I wish I had a part in, regardless of my skills in 3D.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTzMgkwtfiI

Welp, til next week~
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment